Björkträ Timber AB shall as buyer of timber and as seller of sawn and refined
wood products, promote that the business is conducted in a way that is as gentle
as possible, for the environment and for the employees.
This will be achieved by:
Follow the current laws, FSC® requirements and intentions
Ensure that our purchased wood raw material does not come from:
– Illegal logging
– Natural forests that has been harvested with a purpose to use the area as plantations or non-forest use
– Forests with genetically modified trees
– Forests with traditional and human rights is violated
– Forests with high conservation values
– Forests that have been felled in violation of the ILO convention's principles
Our staff is educated and informed to fulfill the content of this policy
As much as possible purchase raw material from certified sources and promote that this share increases
Conduct the business as environmental friendly as possible and, make efforts so that any negative impact on the environment decreases
Björkträ Timber AB is FSC®-certified. Read more about the certification at Swedish FSC.